We at STB are excited to have the youth here and we want the program to be as accessible and manageable as possible, while still effectively preparing the young people to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation and engage in the life of our Church.
- 9th Grade Confirmation is now a shorter program, lasting for about 15 months, instead of the previous 2 year program.
- 9th graders and parents have an introductory session in January, and then the first official class takes place in February.
- 9th grade classes will still wrap up at the end of April
- In 10th grade they will have Confirmation preparation classes throughout the school year, beginning at the end of September and concluding with the Confirmation Mass at the Cathedral in the spring of their 10th grade year.
We begin the first year of our program later in the school year to assist families with the transition from middle school to high school. That transition is filled with many challenges, and we think a later start date allows for 9th graders and their families to engage the other challenges that are part of this transition before adding Confirmation Preparation into your lives as well.
Youth who are interested in participating in the parish life at St. Thomas Becket before the start of the program in January are welcome and encouraged to participate in youth ministry activities, liturgical ministries, justice and outreach projects, mission trips and parish life events. For more information on these please check some of the other available information on this website, or get in touch with any of us using the contact information below.
The current fee structure for Confirmation is as follows:
- Early bird prices for the program are
- $70 for year 1
- $200 for year 2
- The $200 fee for year 2 will cover the cost of the retreat and the program year (in the past, the retreat fee has been paid separately).
- After the early bird deadline (Aug 10, 2018), the fees will increase $40 as has been the case in previous years.
This change in fee structure is, we believe, simpler and more straightforward than previously. These are the only fees that will be required for the Confirmation program; there will be no additional ones.
As always, if fees are difficult for you, please contact us and we will work with you. We never want an inability to pay a fee to hinder an opportunity to advance your teen’s personal and spiritual development.
We take seriously the opportunity to journey with your teen through the Confirmation process. Your teen’s presence adds to our community and we want to do all we can to make sure that they feel welcome to participate and grow into our community. Confirmation primarily is about introducing teens to the mission and life of the church through membership in our parish. We are excited for our youth to participate in our program. May God’s peace be with all of you.